Terms and conditions related to the monthly or quarterly Sales Tax declaration services
Last update: Dec 22nd, 2021 EASalesTax.v1.0-12/21.01
This version substitute the previous version (EASalesTax.v1.0-12/18.01) on it’s full contents, clauses and applied charges methodology.
SALES TAX ENGAGEMENT LETTER
The service, object of this Engagement Letter will start according to the date mentioned on the Recurrent Service Order approved by you, upon clicking on the button “AUTHORIZE” and, we will carry out the Monthly Bookkeeping.For this Engagement Letter, both SAFETY TAX and the customer understand that the customer is solely responsible for the information presented and must, therefore, previously review all the information presented. SAFETY TAX is not responsible and should not be understood as responsible for reviewing the information presented or even for auditing such information, to find possible errors in the customer preparation of statements. SAFETY TAX is only responsible for receiving the information and preparing the bookkeeping.
The client understands that, according to this Engagement Letter, he is also responsible for designing and implementing control measures that aim to ensure that the information sent to SAFETY TAX is accurate, thus preventing errors or omissions from impacting the results of the client’s bookkeeping preparation. In addition, by agreeing to this Engagement Letter, the client agrees that he is responsible for identifying and ensuring that he complies with applicable laws and regulations of the United State of America and the state where the company is registered.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF OUR SERVICES:
- Prepare and register the necessary transactions for the Sales Tax Declarations within the applicable state in the time period agreed by the client and SAFETY TAX (monthly and/or quarterly) based on the information given by the client.
- The work provided by SAFETY TAX is not made up of any sort of auditing of the numbers presented by the client. It is the client’s responsibility to guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.
- Provide feedback about the completion, preparation and registration of the information provided in order for them to be reported to the Department of Revenue in the state in which the client is operating the business. All applicable information must be provided to SAFETY TAX through an electronic means of communication in the first week after the month the client is declaring.
The client is the only party in this Engagement Letter, responsible for the information presented to SAFETY TAX and should review all information submitted beforehand. Safety Tax is not responsible for reviewing the information or for finding mistakes within the preparation of any such Sales Tax Reports. SAFETY TAX is only responsible for the preparation and submission of said reports based on the information provided by the client.
Our engagement is limited to the period and the services indicated above and under any circumstance, Safety Tax can be held responsible for penalties or losses that occurred due to the late report of Sales Tax to the State or states where the client is promoting their business once Safety Tax relies on the accuracy and completeness of the documents and information client’s providing to us.
The Client is responsible for designing and implementing controls to prevent and detect errors and misinformation provided to Safety Tax about all known or suspected process impacting the accuracy of the company information. In addition, the client is also responsible for identifying and ensuring that the entity complies with applicable laws and regulations.
Our engagement cannot be relied on to disclose errors, irregularities, or illegal acts, including fraud or embezzlements, that may exist. However, we will inform the appropriate level of management specifically designated by you, of any material errors that come to our attention and any irregularities or illegal acts that come to our attention, unless they are clearly inconsequential.
For us to complete this engagement in a timely and efficient manner we require if necessary, unrestricted access to all documents concerning your financial transactions including but not limited to bank statements, summaries of sales, a listing of accounts receivable, and any other financial information necessary that impact your accounting records. If you keep records in EzControl or other accounting software you agree to have the most current updates, patches, etc. such that your system will be compatible with the current operating system standards.
Our fee for these services will be based upon the number of Point of Sales your company have at the date of each Sales Tax Declaration, and all invoices are due and payable upon presentation.
Once the fee is determined as our basic monthly fee, such amount will be fixed during the calendar year of the signature of this Engagement Letter.
- Our engagement is limited to the period of services mentioned above (monthly or quarterly declaration)
- This engagement does not include business management.
- SAFETY TAX will not receive any original or physical copies of any documents. All documents received must be received through the requests in our system or another electronic method requested by our office. IF there is a need for an original copy SAFETY TAX will communicate that need and retrieve only the copies needed
- We will not verify the integrity and accuracy of the information you provide to us. On the contrary, we will rely on the integrity and accuracy of the documents and information you provide. In the same way, our commitment is not based on revealing errors, fraud, or any illegal acts that may exist. However, it may be necessary to ask for clarification about any information you provide, and we will inform you of any material errors, fraud or other illegal acts that may catch our attention unless it is clearly inconsistent.
- Our responsibility is not to identify and/or report significant deficiencies or material weaknesses in your internal controls as part of our engagement, therefore, our contract may not depend on the disclosure of such matters.
- The client is responsible for adopting sound accounting policies, and for maintaining an adequate and efficient record and internal controls that will, among other things, help assure the preparation of a proper Sales Tax Report. Furthermore, you are responsible for management decisions and functions, for designating a competent employee to oversee any of the services we provide, and for evaluating the adequacy and results of those services.
- You are also responsible for informing us of your knowledge of any allegations of fraud or suspected fraud affecting the Company received in communications from employees, former employees, regulators, or others.
- In addition, you are responsible for identifying and ensuring that the entity complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- You are responsible to reply to all requests for information or documentation in a timely manner.
- If additional Points of Sales were added to be declared, the additional amount of $25 per Point of Sales will be added to the new basis monthly fee will be valid for the rest of the calendar year. Safety Tax reserve the right to raise the prices of services offered yearly and such amount will be presented to the client for acceptance by November of each year prior renew of this Engagement Letter.
At the conclusion of each month or quarterly Sales Tax Report provided to your company, SAFETY TAX will provide to the client, a copy of the Acknowledgement of declaration. Once approved such Acknowledgement, any change or adjustment that might be requested from the client will occur in an extra changer at the amount of 100% of the monthly fee paid to process the service for the adjusted month.
FEES AND OUT OF THE POCKET CHARGES:
Our fee for the services listed on this Engagement Letter will be based upon the number of Points of Sales the client has and that will be declared. All invoices are due and payable upon presentation.
Once the fee is determined as our basic monthly fee, such amount will be fixed for the calendar year of the signature of this Engagement Letter.
Surcharges to be applied:
The non-presentation of the mentioned above support document on time, that means, no longer than the first week after the end of the month of the service to be performed, a surcharge of 50% of the monthly fee changed is due, to the late presentation of the support documents or the impossibility to access to the bookkeeping area at the management software used by the client.
Additional Point of Sales for Sales Tax Declaration:
If additional Points of Sale from the same state of operation were added to be processed, the additional fee of $20 per Point of Sale will be added to compose the new monthly fee and such monthly amount will be valid for the rest of the calendar year.
If the Point of Sales operation to be added is registered in different states, the equal amount of the monthly fee will be added in this Engagement Letter, with no need for a different one. For additional off state Point of Sale, the additional fee of $30 per Point of Sale will be added to compose the new monthly fee and such monthly amount will be valid for the rest of the calendar year.
OUR PRICE POLICY
Our fees for this Engagement Letter are NON-REFUNDABLE and are represented in our Services, Prices and Periodicity, according to the recurrence period (monthly or quarterly) with their respective values.
Any additional services requested by the client will be billed separately. This may include, but is not limited to, any consultancy, compliance services including handling license, cost reporting for state agencies, audit representation or filing renewals.
All billing is done in advance at the beginning of each month, due and payable upon presentation. Billings become delinquent if not paid within 5 days of the invoice date. If billings are past due in excess of 15 days, we will stop all work until your account is brought current or you will be withdrawn from this engagement.
If billings are past due in excess of 15 days, we will stop all work until your account is brought current or you will be withdrawn from this engagement.
The client acknowledges and agrees that we are not required to continue work in the event of failure to pay on a timely basis for services rendered as required by this engagement letter. In addition, the client acknowledges and agrees that in the event that we suspend the work or cancel the contract as a result of the customer’s failure to pay in a timely manner as required in that contract, we will not be liable for any damages resulting from the termination of the provision of services.
- PRICE ADJUSTMENTS
SAFETY TAX reserves the right to increase the prices of the services described here, at any time, by presenting the new value, with 30 days note for the acceptance and approval by the CLIENT.
Our Services fee:
Our services will be automatically charged at the CLIENT’s bank account or the credit card informed at the moment of the approval of our Recurrent Service Order, regardless of whether the information required to perform our services has been sent by the customer.
If the necessary information for the SERVICES for a specific period is not presented by the client, SAFETY TAX reserves the right to charge again for this service when preparing the services in another period; understanding that our entire service structure is at the CLIENT’s disposal to serve within the deadlines established in this Letter of Commitment.
Any interruption of the previously authorized payment, by whether the reasons, will give SAFETY TAX an unrestricted right to immediately interrupt the execution of the contracted service, therefore not be responsible for any fines or other consequences imposed on the CLIENT, for failure to submit the SALES TAX SERVICES.
Both SAFETY TAX and the CLIENT can cancel at any time the service covered by this Engagement Letter, by informing the other party within 30 days Note. That way, there are no amounts to be reimbursed for services not performed by SAFETY TAX.
The maximum liability to be claimed by either party, arising from any reason relating to the services provided under this Engagement Letter, will be limited to the value of the last fee paid by the CLIENT for the performance of the services here described and contracted.
Official Language Of This Engagement Letter
English is the official language of this Engagement Letter.
If a different version of this document would be made available by SAFETY TAX, this version will have the sole purpose of helping the client that is not very familiar with the English language, to have a better understanding and interpretation of the clauses and conditions here listed.
Different interpretations may occur when translating the original document (in English) into any language. In case of doubt or divergences, both parties agree that the official document to solve misunderstandings and issues will always be the ENGLISH language version.
Binding Effect, Arbitration
This engagement letter shall become valid when the Recurrent Service Order is accepted by the client and shall be deemed made and entered into in Orlando, Florida, United States of America. It shall be governed and construed under, and following the laws and decisions (without regard to any conflicts of law provisions) of the State of Florida.
In entering into this engagement, the Client acknowledges that it has sought, voluntarily accepted, and become served by SAFETY TAX who is headquartered in Orlando, Florida.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR THE BREACH THEREOF, THE PARTIES HERETO AGREE FIRST TO TRY AND SETTLE THE DISPUTE BY MEDIATION, ADMINISTERED BY THE INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION UNDER ITS MEDIATION RULES.
IF SETTLEMENT IS NOT REACHED WITHIN SIXTY (60) DAYS AFTER SERVICE OF A WRITTEN DEMAND FOR MEDIATION, ANY UNRESOLVED CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SETTLED BY ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
By clicking on “AUTHORIZE” bottom presented at our RECURRENT SERVICE ORDER, the CLIENT accepts our recurring services with all terms and conditions listed on this document, authorizing also, SAFETY TAX to collect the information related to the IP address of the computer used for the authorization of the recurring services as well as the browser name, date, and time of the authorization. Once collected such information is, an electronic copy of this document will be sent to the e-mail address you have assigned as the official e-mail address SAFETY TAX will use to communicate electronically with your company.
Should you have any questions regarding these requirements or provisions, please feel free to contact us.
Safety Tax & Bookkeeping
A Dba of NETWORK FOR PRO LLC
4307 VINELAND RD STE H7, Orlando FL 32811 – USA